University Entrance through NCEA  |  Don't have UE?  |  Other school-leaver qualifications  |  Additional entry requirements  |

Other pathways

Other Admission pathways

University preparation courses


Universities and other providers offer University Preparation courses for students without University Entrance or an equivalent qualification. Check with the university to see which courses they accept as a suitable entry qualification.
If you didn’t get University Entrance this may be an option for you! Contact the university to find out more.

Special Admission for students over 20 (without UE)

If you are over 20 years old and a New Zealand or Australian citizen (or permanent resident)
and don’t have a University Entrance qualification, you can apply for Special Admission. Check
the university websites for Special Admission application deadlines and what you’ll need to provide
with your application.

Transferring students

If you’re transferring from one degree to another you can apply to have the courses you’ve
already completed credited to your new degree.